Friday, May 8, 2015


Hi Everyone. Well we got into Maine on a Tuesday and got settled in having a campfire our second night here. Mom went shopping ( her favorite thing) at Walmart to stock up on items. I think mom knows where every Walmart and McDonald's is located from FL to Maine! (Dad thinks so too.)

Saturday morning I got so excited as Mom was taking me on a road trip. Just the two of us. Little did I know what was in store! We were in a Dog Therapy Workshop from 9 in the morning until 4 in the afternoon! I came home and took a nap before dinner. I am not sure but I suspect Mom did the same. Now if that is not bad enough we went back on Sunday and continued our training. On Sunday, we finished up around 2:30 then came the testing. I PASSED, I PASSED, I PASSED!

Mom was so proud of me. But then, I had to go to the Vet's this week for a physical to pass the health portion. This new vet was great. Every time she probed her assistant gave me a treat. (Not that I am into probing!) I even weighed in 1-1/2 lbs down from a month ago. Bad news, they want me down 7 more lbs. UGH! Just when I thought I could con Dad out of more treats with my "lab look."

Here I am at the Portland Head Lighthouse. This is my favorite place to visit. They have trails for me to run off lease. The trees are just starting to bud and the daffodils and tulips are beautiful. I'll get mom to take some pictures. There are beautiful tulip trees we pass by when we walk.

Today has been cool but warmer weather is coming and I will show you where I swim. Mom is sending in all the paper work to register me as a Therapy Dog and then we can make some visits. I'll keep you posted.

I miss everyone and I'll be back. Didn't that come from a movie?

Later, Sam and Family



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on passing your Therapy Dog Training! Losing weight is HARD...I know, but you can do it! Me and the kids are having fun following your adventures!

    ReplyDelete