Sunday, July 31, 2016


BLACK  MOUNTAIN  GOLF  CLUB,  NC

17th  HOLE
Hi Y'll,  That's how everyone greets you here in the Carolina's.  Now, I am confused!?!  I thought we lived in the South but somehow I don't bark with a southern "draw." Go figure.

I just had to add a quick blog because Mom and Dad went golfing the other day at Black Mountain Golf Club.  There was a PAR 6 hole billed as the longest hole in the USA. Mom said she didn't even know there were par 6 holes. Now I tried and tried, but do you think I could get Mom to admit what her score was on that par 6! NO.  Next time I should go along! After all I LOVE golf carts.  They are going back to golf one more time before we leave.


I have a question for all of you.  Do you like GPS?  Boy the stories I over hear. Hear is the latest. Mom and Dad were in the mood for a Longhorn steak and googled to find one close to us.  The campground where we are staying is on NC St Rd 70. According to the map, Longhorn was located  ll miles away just off  St Rd 70. GPS wanted to route them onto I-40 to I-240 then exit west of Longhorn on to St Rd 70. (You saved 6 min. by taking the Interstate.) They decided to stay on 70 and GPS had them turn 1 block too soon and looped them up around the hillside and back to 70 then onto the correct street.

The KOA here says if you use the GPS for directions to find them, it routes people up the mountain, then has them turn around to come back down the mountain into the campground. Maybe GPS gets confused in the mountains.

Well tomorrow I am being left alone again! They are going to visit the Biltmore Estates. No doubt they will have lunch there and take a lot of pictures. I will keep you posted.

Until then, love Sam and family.  PS I do get to swim a couple of times a day in the river.










No comments:

Post a Comment