Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Arches Nat'l Park & Wild Life in Camp



Arches National Park is amazing! God forsaken but amazing. There are times in my life I should have my head examined and this is one of them. I guess I think I am 20 years younger. You see, no one told me to get a great shot of the Delicate Arch I would need to hike. I could get a picture from the lower view, easy trail, but there were boulders in the middle. So I decided to hike the Upper Delicate Arch Viewpoint Trail. It was mid morning, no water and I didn't know how long the trail was. It turns out it was .5 miles (moderately strenuous) uphill climb ending at the rim of a steep canyon that separates the viewpoint from the arch. I was huffing and puffing by the time I got back down.........But I got my picture! Like I said, Head Examined!

What do you think of our in camp wild life? Needless to say I used my telephoto lens for this shot! He sure was beautiful. This week tent campers left their door unzipped when they went to bed. It was hot so they wanted more air circulation, when they were awakened, with something getting into their chip bag. They thought it was a raccoon but discovered it was a skunk. They stayed very still until it left then zipped up. Luckily they did not startle him. How much tomato juice does it take to get rid of the smell?

Tomorrow we head out to Durango, CO. where we plan to ride the Historic Narrow Gauge Railroad. I'll try not to hang out the window over a gorge to get a great shot. Maybe....................!











No comments:

Post a Comment