Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Maine

Why I'm in Maine        

Here we are in Maine and loving it! The weather has been perfect. We have had sunny days, with temperatures in the mid to high 70's and nights low in the 50's (which is great for sleeping). We have only had one rainy day and maybe one tomorrow. On our first full day here, we went to Old Orchard Beach to have our steamed lobster. The next "must have" food was a Crab Roll, which we had the following day. For those of you who have never had one, I can only say "I'm sorry!" It truly is a MUST eat item.

Kennybunkport, ME
 
Wonderful place to visit.
George W H Bush has his summer home here. In fact this is where he parachuted on his 80th birthday landing on the property of the Episcopal Church close to their home. You will see pictures of the church and his home in my link.
The town is very crowded, but well worth the time to visit. There are great places to stay with beautiful historic B and B's, not to mention the great coastline views and a Franciscan Monastery, St. Anthony's located here. Attached are additional pictures.
 
 My next adventure is to Ogunquit. Chris's sister is here and familiar with the area so I am getting some "girl days" and Chris is getting a break. With someone as quiet as I am he really doesn't need it!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment